Monday, October 18, 2010

storyboarding : architectural spaces

This was probably the most challenging of the three workshops I participated in. Our final assessment involved drawing a series vignettes that tells a story of a selected building from the approach / entrance and relationship between outside / inside to the main interior spaces which finally progresses to a specific activity. Below are my 12 vignettes arranged on 4 A4 sheets of paper before i transferred them to my black A2 cardboard for presentation.I chose to do the main cafe located opposite the architecture building at UNSW.

Picture 1: Shows the 3 vignettes detailing the approach to the building 


Picture 2: Shows the 3 vignettes which explore the relationship between inside / outside and the entrance to the cafe


Picture 3: Shows the 3 vignettes which explore the main interior of my chosen space i.e. the cafe counter and seating arrangement


Picture 4: This picture outlines my final 3 vignettes which shows the progression from the main interior space to a smaller more secluded area of the cafe where one may go to eat (specific activity)



I decided to cut out the 12 vignettes featured above and arrange them on black cardboard in order for my storyline to become more effective. I thought it added to the overall quality of the storyboard. Overall I found this workshop challenged since it was difficult for me to draw actual objects in perspective. Unlike the other two workshops where all that was required were a reproduction of plans, elevation etc this workshop required one to draw from your own perspective which was indeed challenging. 

Below is the final copy:


No comments:

Post a Comment